FEMA Letter of Map Amendment

Flood Map Research and LOMA Application Service

Elevation Certificate Review

An Elevation Certificate details a structure’s elevation. This certificate verifies the elevation of the lowest floor of a house relative to the ground. It’s especially important if your house/building is in a FEMA high-risk flood zone.

If you find that the Lowest Adjacent Grade (LAG) of the structure is above the FEMA Base Flood Elevation (BFE), a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) of removal is likely. This will drop the mandatory flood insurance requirement, and if the homeowner decides to have flood insurance.


How to get an Elevation Certificate

If you are looking for an elevation certificate, check with your local government for any elevation information or certificate on file. You may have one in your closing documents. If not, check with the local building department to see if there is one in your permit file or contact the builder that sold the property. If nothing is available, you must contract a state-licensed surveyor to complete the Elevation Certificate.

The price of an elevation certificate varies greatly by state. We recommend calling around to find an average price in the area…hopefully, the homeowner can find a good deal.


What should I do if I have an Elevation Certificate?

You can email us a copy for a Free Elevation Certificate Review. We will study the elevations and discuss your options. Save time and money by working with an experienced Flood Map Specialist.


Does an Elevation Certificate expire?

No- even an older elevation certificate has valuable information. While the FEMA Base Flood Elevation (BFE), showing the high-risk flood zone, may change over time, the Lowest Adjacent Grade (LAG) of the house/structure does not.  We can still compare the LAG to the current FEMA BFE.


Free Elevation Certificate Review

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
Do you have an Elevation Certificate?