Letter of Map Amendment

FEMA Flood Map Research and LOMA Application Service

Change Your Flood Zone Designation

Remove your house from the FEMA high-risk flood Zone.  A property owner can request a LOMA from FEMA if they believe that their home is incorrectly shown as being in a high-risk flood zone such as Zone A or Zone AE.

  • Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA): A document issued by FEMA showing that an existing structure — that is on naturally high ground— would not be inundated by the base flood.

To get a LOMA, the property owner can provide documentation, such as an elevation certificate, to demonstrate that the property is at a higher elevation than the base flood elevation. If FEMA grants the LOMA, the property owner will receive a letter stating that the property is no longer in a high-risk flood zone and flood insurance will no longer be required. 

    The property owner can send the determination document to their lender and request that the federal flood insurance requirement for the structure be removed.

     If a LOMA removes a structure from a Special Flood Hazard Area, and if the lender waives the flood insurance purchase requirement, a premium refund for the current policy term may be obtained.


    Free Property Review

    Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
    Do you have an Elevation Certificate?